Deciding on different spheres of work when you are managing housing projects or construction projects can be tricky. However, there are ways to manage them tactfully when you know how to hire contractors of a specific work field, and points to verify, note, and consider. It is essential not only to find a reliable contractor, but he needs to offer skilled, and quality work too. Simply picking any contractor around might not be a wise move, instead, it is better to be equipped with a few tips to know how to handle contractor hiring for electrical needs.
Here you will come to know about the essential factors to consider while hiring electrical contractors:
1. Insurance and License
If you are trying to hire an electrical contractor recently then it would be necessary to take note of a few things including, the certifications and documentations of the same. Different countries have different set of rules and regulations in every field. Thus, being a responsible citizen of Australia, you need to go through the knits and bits of laws and then check if the contractor and his certificates assures similar services, abiding the rules of the authorities to avoid any frauds.
If you do not know the basic points by which the electrical experts get their hands on the legal certificates, then the following points might help you get everything on time.
- Study and completion of Licensed Electrician’s Assessment (LEA) which is conducted by an ESV-approved assessment centre within 5 years from the date of your application for a license.
- Applicant must hold a Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician or equivalent
- Must have completed a comprehensive period of a four-year contract of training in the role of an apprentice electrician.
- During the apprentice training period, an individual must obtain 12 months’ experience in hand electrical installation work, along with the employer’s written confirmation.
- Approved VRQA letter confirming satisfactory completion of your apprenticeship.
Therefore, since obtaining an electrician license includes a vivid training and working process, when you hire a licensed electrical contractor for electrical works, there is so much scope for questioning his expertise and understanding.
2. Quality of Work.
Quality of work is a basic assessment criterion when you are planning to hire an electrical service provider. There are many electricians around a locality, but when you streamline them in respect of the quality of work, work warranty, efficiency, and professionalism which is also a quality of the profession, you hardly have a few remaining on your list. It is not easy to verify and cross-check the quality of work without actually working with the technician, yet here are a few roundabouts and tricky ways to gather essential information.
- A responsive website or contact number is a sign of utter professionalism. When you call up the contractor or leave an inquiry on his site, you need to assess the response time.
- Offer a consultation site visit to completely analyze your work scopes, and requirements and accordingly provide a quote along with an estimated timeline to complete the work.
- Check out the official website of the electrical contractor to find out how long he is been in this work field, which will tell you about his experience.
- You check through the site also to know more about previous electrical projects he has worked on.
- When you hire an electrical expert to conduct complete electrical works of your office or new apartment, you would want unique ideas, out of the box thinking to design your space. So, look if your electrical contractor is offering such ideas during the consultation visit.
- Your contractor must have an efficient team of electricians of his own to conduct vivid projects and meet deadlines.
- If you have provided a comprehensive contract including labor as well as materials for a project, make sure he mentions in the contract the brand of material, uses quality products and wirings with definite warranty.
- Moreover, a reliable and quality professional in the electrical industry provides a warranty of work, and it is indeed provided when an electrical contractor ensures the quality of work.
Finally, Safety is a major lookout when it comes to electrical work. There are definite safety protocols mentioned by OSHA and which are also conformed to by the Australian government in electrical works. Therefore, now when you know how to verify the reliability and quality of electrical contractors beforehiring them and working with them.